[Vision2020] Say what?

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 11:57:12 PDT 2005

I'm breaking my rule and am going to discuss Doug Wilson.  On his blog
today, under "Naming the Intoleristas", Mr. Wilson describes the lifestyle
of an average intolerista.  Intoleristas are "listeners of NPR."  Well, I am
guilty of that.  Quite.  I even give NPR money.  We are "latitudinarian."
Well, I don't know if I am or not.  I'll have to look that word up later.
Intoleristas "subscribe to Mother Jones, Rolling Stone, and The Nation.
Well, no, I don't.  I do, however, subscribe to Golf Magazine and Sports
Illustrated.  And I've NEVER been tempted to cancel my SI subscription when
the swimsuit issue comes out.  I rather enjoy it.  Further, intoleristas
"sample spicy foods at an internationall pot-luck, nodding sagely whenever
someone refers to the best Thai restaurant they never heard of."  Um,
regarding pot-lucks, I have been to my share of Scandinavian pot-lucks,
which, I guess, is international.  Intoleristas have "little plug-in aroma
dispensers the smell as though somebody somewhere, on the other side of the
world, might believe and live differently."  No.  I just open my windows.
Intoleristas have "a CD player that has the murmuring forest noises of
indigenous peoples around the globe..."  Uh, I have a CD player that
currently plays the latest CD by Madeline Peyroux.  No forest noises.
Intoleristas have a "ten thousand dollar slate shower that makes them feel
like they are in touch with the rhythms of the earth..."  I only wish.  I
really have to clean my shower one of these months, though.  I think my
shower is a big problem area between Angleina Jolie and me.  I have to ask
Dale though, not to post anything about Angelina Jolie and me.  I'm trying
to keep it a secret.  We don't want anybody to know.  About Angelina Jolie.
And me.  So please, Dale, don't post anything about us.

                               Carl Westberg Jr.