[Vision2020] Very Unhappy

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 14:23:57 PDT 2005

Julie C writes:

"My brother brought to my attention this morning that a posting of
mine, which I believed was only available to those subscribing to
vision2020, had been cut and pasted into a web blog of Dale
Courtney's.  This was done without my knowledge.  While this may be
legal, and I may have given up my right to privacy by posting on this
list, it is still very sketchy and creepy and gives me the willies. I
do not want my name anywhere on his website. If I did, I would have
posted it there myself. (I do not associate with his organization or
any of the Christ Church organizations. In my message, I was only
defending my alma mater like a good alumnae.)

Is there something that can be done to stop this?? I feel violated and
kind of grossed out. I do not regularly post my last name on messages
for my security, as I am a single woman in my mid twenties.  My full
name was, however, posted on Dale Courtney's website. I feel, as Joan
Opyr said, "blogstalked".

Ick."

Hi Julie,

You have my sincere sympathy.  But my advice, which is to have your
brother Dan go over and pound the snot out of the little weed, is
probably illegal.  The last thing I'd want to do is get Dan into
trouble -- I enjoy his posts to this list -- but gosh, wouldn't it be
fun?  Not to mention profitable.  My money would all be on Dan.  And
here's the really good part -- dale couldn't really complain about such
a beating because Doug Wilson's theology calls for brothers to defend
their sisters to the utmost of their ability, using their fists and/or
their swords.  No kidding.  If you can bear a further dose of
creepiness, check out Credenda Agenda at www.credenda.org.  You can run
a search on brothers, sisters, and sibling defense.  Definitely creepy
-- but also handy.

I agree with Rose that perhaps the best course of action is to start
appending a copyright notice to all of your Vision 2020 posts.  Just
add it to your signature line so that it appears automatically.  It
probably won't stop Dale from stealing and then abusing your words, but
if you ever want to file suit, you'll have a case -- and a hell of a
lot of co-plaintiffs.

On a related matter (a quick glance at http://right-mind.us tells me
that Donovan has become Dale Courtney's very own Roy Cohn) I was just
thinking about Donovan's assertion that you, me, and selected others
are "always right."  And so, just off the top of my head, I began to
compile a list of areas in which Donovan has claimed complete and utter
expertise.  Mind you, this is just over the last two months, so I may
have missed a few.  I invite others to join in and/or pile on, as it
were.  Here, in brief, are the subjects on which Donovan claims to know
absolutely everything:

School facilities
School governance
Bond levies
Performance statistics for public versus private schools
City, state, and county ordinances
Planning and zoning
Theology
Physics
The Origins of the Universe
Mental illness
Special education
University administration
Law enforcement
Psychiatric journals
Disabilities
Civil rights
Gay and lesbian issues
Smoking ordinances
Second-hand smoke
OSHA Regulations
St. Mary's School
(Note to DA: I have spelled St. Mary's correctly.  You never do.)

I'm sure I've missed something here.  Has Donovan ever claimed to be
the horse whisperer?  Does he know if O. J. really did it?  Has he
found Jimmy Hoffa?  Can he explain string theory?  Would he look up my
ass and see if my hat's on straight?

Just wondering.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

Copyright 2005 to Joan Opyr.  All rights reserved.