[Vision2020] Girl Scout Cookies (was re: Doing Kai's work for him)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 22:48:36 PDT 2005

Keely,

First, I do not agree with Christ Church and their
teachings. Nor am I, nor would I attempt to defend
someone else’s beliefs I do not understand or disagree
with.  I preach and practice many things contrary to
their beliefs. It is possible for me to believe in
equality for all people and oppose slavery but also
recognize that others have the right to disagree with
what I believe. Nor do I have the right to tell them
that their religion must conform to my beliefs and
religion. But more importantly, they have the right
not to have me harass them, follow them, and target
them. I do however, have the right to preach and
practice what I believe, and they do not have the
right to harass me, or force their religion on me. My
goal is to hinder discrimination and harassment. I do
not believe attacking a person making discriminating
remarks is the way to accomplish this goal. I think
allowing them to speak, present their fallacious
ideas, and for us to counter them using logic, facts,
and appeal to humanity is the better way to go in the
long, not forcefully shutting the doors of anyone who
disagrees with ideas and believes contrary to our own.

Second, you seem to be confused as to what
discrimination means. So I will clarify for you.

According to my online Encarta Dictionary,
Discriminate = “Treat one person of group worse than
others or better than others, usually because of a
prejudice about race, ethnic group, age group,
religion, or gender.”

If you discriminate in the enforcement of the law
against a group of people because of their religion
you are discriminating according to the dictionary. If
police only pull over Black people for an out
headlight and fine them $100 for the crime, the
officer may claim that the Black person did indeed
have an out headlight, but not pulling over any White
people and/or giving them a ticket for $100 is also
discrimination when they too have the out headlight.
Selectively enforcing the law is just as much
discrimination as writing a law that says Black people
pay $100 and White people pay $50 for the same
infraction of the law.

That is the same thing that is going on with NSA. Some
people are ruthlessly insisting on the enforcement of
the zoning codes as it applies to NSA. But ignore the
violations against city zoning codes against the
Alternative High School and the University of Idaho.

If you are advocating different levels of punishments
and enforcement of the law to NSA as you do the
University of Idaho and the Alternative High School
you are advocating that we “Treat one person or group
worse than others or better than others”, which
according to the dictionary, is “discrimination.”

There are only two non discriminating practices here.
Either enforcing the law with each party the same or
second, not enforcing the law equally with each party.
Otherwise the actions are discriminatory.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

=== message truncated ===