[Vision2020] RE: Letter to Paul Kimmel

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Fri May 20 16:25:38 PDT 2005

v 208-883-3276 / f 208-883-0112

  -----Original Message-----
  From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com
[mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com]On Behalf Of Art Deco
  Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 3:07 PM
  To: Vision 2020
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] RE: Letter to Paul Kimmel

  Mark,

  I understand what you are saying.  However, planning and zoning is a very,
technical, rule driven enterprise by its very nature.  Your point of view
for many reasons is out of sync with the final authority in this and similar
cases, the courts and the massive body of case law now extant.  Simplifying,
your viewpoint is called "The Rule of Man."  Zoning operates under "The Rule
of Law."

  I humbly suggest that if you continue to be a member of the Moscow Board
of Adjustment that you take the time and effort to study and to fully
understand the current processes, practices, and legal entrapments of
planning and zoning.

  It is not that communities cannot be positively structured in certain
ways, but how legally that is to be done to attempt to construct what is
best for the community and at the same time protecting the citizens' right
to due process, equal protection, and other rights.

  Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
  deco at moscow.com