[Vision2020] RE: Letter to Paul Kimmel

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri May 20 15:06:37 PDT 2005

Mark,

I understand what you are saying.  However, planning and zoning is a very, technical, rule driven enterprise by its very nature.  Your point of view for many reasons is out of sync with the final authority in this and similar cases, the courts and the massive body of case law now extant.  Simplifying, your viewpoint is called "The Rule of Man."  Zoning operates under "The Rule of Law."

I humbly suggest that if you continue to be a member of the Moscow Board of Adjustment that you take the time and effort to study and to fully understand the current processes, practices, and legal entrapments of planning and zoning.

It is not that communities cannot be positively structured in certain ways, but how legally that is to be done to attempt to construct what is best for the community and at the same time protecting the citizens' right to due process, equal protection, and other rights.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com