[Vision2020] Wilsons attack Moscow Food Co-op

Melynda Huskey melyndahuskey at earthlink.net
Thu May 19 14:40:10 PDT 2005

Kai writes:

"How do think SF got a "China Town"?"

Maybe the same way we here in Moscow got a Chinese enclave back in the 1880s--by enacting a city ordinance limiting the places that Chinese people could live?  That's right--one of the first ordinances in our fair city was one which prohibited any person of Chinese descent from living within 5 miles of the city center.

In fact, there's a perfect example of a really wicked zoning law, one which was rightly overturned.  That's why we have housing non-discrimination laws--we continue, alas, to need them.

What I'm missing, though, is the connection to NSA.  And I also have to say that any number of us who are Christians (I'm a Quaker, myself, but I know Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Catholics, Lutherans, Evangelicals, and United Church folks who agree) are insulted by your implication that anyone who believes that NSA should be amenable to the zoning laws hates Christians or Christianity.  That's just not true.

Melynda Huskey