[Vision2020] Editor Kai -- not getting it.

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu May 19 14:00:51 PDT 2005

Kai writes:

> Hmmm, if walks like a duck and talks like a duck............If they are
> TEACHING something doesn't that mean that they are a school?

If you can't tell the difference between a trade school and a liberal arts
college, Kai, then how in the world did you ever get to be the editor of a
newspaper?  The education one receives at Mr. Leon's or the Moscow School
of Massage, while certainly valuable, prepare one for practice in a trade.
Hence, they are called trade or commercial schools.  These schools are, for
better or worse, permitted in the Central Business District by existing
city code.  New St. Andrews and the University of Idaho, which are liberal
arts colleges, are not permitted.  This is a very simple premise and one
that you, as a newspaper man with a liberal arts degree (I presume) in
journalism/communications, should be able to understand.  It's not a toughy.

As for the rest of your post, there is no African, earth-based,
anti-Christian conspiracy at work here, at least not that I know of.  Where
did you get such nonsense?  The complainants who filed against New St.
Andrews -- Charles Nolan, Joseph Hansen, and Scott Bauer -- are all
confessing Christians.  They are not animists, they're not Zorastrians, and
they're not Wiccans.  Before you make anymore ignorant, bigoted, or just
plain foolish accusations on this list or anywhere else, I would suggest
that you check your bedsheets at the door.  Don't cut peep-holes in the
pillow-case and put it over your head.  It doesn't suit you.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: Doug Wilson and Company are beginning to whiff very strongly of
desperation, hence this latest shotgun attack against the Co-op.  What does
the Co-Op have to do with the zoning complaint against NSA?  Nothing,
that's what.  But Doug has identified the Co-Op as a convenient target.
Its members love granola; they eat yogurt; they burn incense or drink big
bottles of green Superfood.  They must be anti-Christian, right?  Wrong.
If Doug would like to see for himself the wide variety of people who shop
at the Co-Op, then I'd be happy to meet him on aisle two, right next to the
Ezekial bread.  I'll even buy him a loaf.  He can slather it up with some
of the fat from his blog and eat it with a side-dish of crow.  Yum, yum!