[Vision2020] "No free meal, whatever...?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:23:02 PDT 2005

Donovan-

Ummm... I hesitate to place myself into dialog with someone whose
knowledge of physics is beyond the understanding of an ordinary mortal
such as myself.  However...

I did not mean create energy ex nihilo.  Just that humans invent
technology and invest labor (yes, even gathering a few mushrooms takes
calories which must be "paid" for somehow, perhaps by that sesame bar
from the Moscow Food Co-Op) to generate forms of energy, like build a
dam which depends upon the Sun as a weather engine to move water in
the atmosphere which then falls and moves through the turbines of the
dam because of "gravity" "generating electricity.  I suspect you know
what I meant, wise@@@!!!!

There is no "gooleplex" theory.  The word is "googolplex" and it is a
very large number:

googolplex:  1 followed by a googol zeros

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/cyc/g/googol.htm

Ted Moffett