[Vision2020] date today

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri May 6 09:00:12 PDT 2005

So what you're saying, Warren, is that there IS no 12th of Never, and the
estimable Donny Osmond's crooning assertions that that's "a long, long time"
cannot be calculated after all.

I smell a conspiracy.

keely

From: Warren Hayman <whayman at adelphia.net>
To: "Dan Carscallen" <predator75 at moscow.com>
CC: vision2020 at moscow.com, "'Donovan Arnold'" <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] date today
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 22:31:25 -0700

Hello all,

Thanks Dan and JFord, but Mr. Arnold has a point. I should have qualified
the statement a bit; I think I was guilty of what the rhetoricians call
"writer-based" and not "reader-based" awareness. He was correct to call me
out, but hey, what can you expect from a BA in Philosophy from the UI?

I'll try again.

For those of sufficient age and educational level (chronological and/or
otherwise) exhibiting the ability to interpret (not necessarily understand,
for that may prove another question altogether, one including but not
limited to epistemological or even cosmogonical dimensions not within the
intention of this post) the concept of temporal duration and sequentiality
within the currently accepted calendrical system of this country (including
the modification of Daylight Savings Time) as derived and extrapolated from
higher energy electrons within a Cesium atom expressed in a digital mode,
there exists a high degree of probability according to longevity projections
provided by life science research that said persons will never
experientially encounter such a digital sequence again.

I am confident this disclaimer is woefully inadequate; further research
funding may be required. In the meantime, I just thought all the fives were
kinda neat.

But Mr. Arnold is right-- each moment is irreplaceably unique. Rather like
people. Some are just a helluva lot more unique than others.

Warren Hayman

PS-- If them sixes ever pop up, I know a local pastor with my vote for
President.

On Thursday, May 5, 2005, at 07:18  PM, Dan Carscallen wrote:

>Donovan "nothing amazes me" Arnold says:
>"You can say that about any time."
>
>Well, I thought it was cool.  Haven't seen anything quite like it since
>4:44:44 on 04/04/04.  If I see 6:66:66 on 06/06/06, I'll be real
>impressed.  Or real scared!
>

>But I guess ol' Donny J isn't awed by anything
>
>DC

List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities
of the Palouse since 1994.                 http://www.fsr.net
                 mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com