[Vision2020] Motives

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Wed May 4 23:06:56 PDT 2005

Phil:

I kind of doubt that your motives for being opposed to the levy was because of the
kids as you so aptly stated, "However, I am trying to keep things in check for
our children and the community."  I seriously doubt that you give two wet turds about
the future of our children's schools.  It seems to be from all of your ranting that the
opposition of this levy was more about saving you money in the form of taxes and less
about the future of the kids in MSD.  If you appeared to care about the kids, then you
would stop raving about the trustees and how you feel you have been lied too and move
towards an approach of actually developing your own opinion and plan for the future of
the kids in Moscow.

You seem to be opposed to property tax increases since you stated somewhere about no
new taxes.  You seem upset that the university would open a campus pub since it would
take business away from yours.  Bottom line seems to be that you care more about money
and less about the children.  I make a small percentage of the income that I assume you
make by owning a bar in Moscow, yet my concern is the students future and the future of
our schools.

Do us all a favor, develop the Phil plan, present it to the board and the rest of
Moscow, let us all discuss it and provide feedback, and then tell us you are involved
in this because of the kids.  Your claim of being concerned for the children is almost
worse than the claim of, if you don't vote for the levy, you don't like kids.

Come on, be a little honest with us and more importantly yourself, quit hiding your
true motives for opposing this levy and quit accusing our trustees, the Trails, and the
MSD of misleading, misinforming, and ignoring you.  GROW UP is right!

Respectfully,
Tim