[Spam] [Vision2020] Motives

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Thu May 5 12:03:47 PDT 2005

I kind of doubt that your motives for being opposed to the levy was because
of the
kids as you so aptly stated, "However, I am trying to keep things in check
for
our children and the community."

I am tired of the mis management of funds that is appropriated for the kids.
Our children get some of the most highest dollars in the nation per student.
What does that lead you to believe? Mis management of funds. These are facts

I seriously doubt that you give two wet turds about the future of our
children's schools.  It seems to be from all of your ranting that the
opposition of this levy was more about saving you money in the form of taxes
and less about the future of the kids in MSD.  If you appeared to care about
the kids, then you
would stop raving about the trustees and how you feel you have been lied too
and move
towards an approach of actually developing your own opinion and plan for the
future of
the kids in Moscow.

You are absolutely wrong. I have two Grandkids in the system.

You seem to be opposed to property tax increases since you stated somewhere
about no
new taxes.  You seem upset that the university would open a campus pub since
it would
take business away from yours.  Bottom line seems to be that you care more
about money
and less about the children.

If I cared about money I would not have moved here.  The University needs to
stay in the education business. They do not need to be on the book business.
They don't need to be in the food business. They don't need to be in the
landlord business. They don't need to be in the beef business, etc.

I make a small percentage of the income that I assume you
make by owning a bar in Moscow, yet my concern is the students future and
the future of
our schools.

My income is only 61/2 months long. I do not make anything near what you
think I do. I have exorbitant taxes, insurance, expenses that are escalating
just like yours at lightning speed.

Do us all a favor, develop the Phil plan, present it to the board and the
rest of
Moscow, let us all discuss it and provide feedback, and then tell us you are
involved
in this because of the kids.  Your claim of being concerned for the children
is almost
worse than the claim of, if you don't vote for the levy, you don't like kids

I did. 10% cut in the budget across the board or from wherever you can get
it, but it needs a 10% cut. That 10% would help fund the new high school and
repair the existing elementary schools without a single penny in tax
increase. That's the plan.

Come on, be a little honest with us and more importantly yourself, quit
hiding your
true motives for opposing this levy and quit accusing our trustees, the
Trails, and the
MSD of misleading, misinforming, and ignoring you.  GROW UP is right!

They have been mis informing and mis leading the public. Can't you see the
facts? They are all documented. I am sorry the truth hurts.

Phil
  List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

--