[Vision2020] Shroud of Turin Questions

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:50:26 PST 2005

Ms. Eiselein;

Nate Wilson is by no means a "guy...trying something that might explain how
the shroud came into being".  By his own writing (which I have read) he
states from the beginning his purpose and thoughts/intuition ran towards
DIS-proving the Shroud's authentisity: "I would have liked to simply brush
the issue of the Shroud aside, laugh and wonder why time was being wasted on
the subject, but that was impossible."

He, like his father, clearly set out to break down anything they can't
accept as being true due to what they constantly call "idolitry" - which
translated into normal language means - "if I don't believe it, it ain't
true."  CC members are repeatedly having this pounded into their heads every
week either at Sunday service, Head of Household meetings, schools, any
social gatherings, etc.  Believe me, it even permiates their "prayers".  And
just in case a person doesn't understand their point of view in those
venues, the elders are more than happy to come over to a home in groups of 3
or more ("to make sure Matt 18 is being followed") to again reinterate the
"church's stand on" a given issue.

You also brought up in a recent e-mail: "I can only say this: Your hatred is
disturbing. What are you afraid of? Only fear could breed hatred that deep."

Fear - While it MAY induce a kind of "hatred" that you refer to; however, it
mainly is just fear that is induced by members of the church.  I know many
people who have left - may family included-, professional people as well as
us "common" folk, that leave without telling anyone out of fear.  Those that
do inform the church of their leaving are bombarded (as we are) with threats
of damnation, condemnation, being called "intoleresta sympathisers", being
rumored to be "gay" after all - or at least our children must be because
they have never been seen to date, etc.   Hatred does not come into it from
any other place but Mr. Wilson and his more ardent supporters.  Have you
read his Blog and Malog trash?  HE uses the words hate and hatred in just
about any of his writings.  HE is the one that hates - he hates to be shown
he is wrong, he hates to told to back off, he hates those that don't follow
HIS teachings, HE breeds hate for lifestyles he doesn't like...he simply
hates, ok?  And those that follow him and his teachings have learned to hate
just as hard and just as deeply.

When is the last time you heard ANYone on this forum even suggest that
NSA/CC/Logas, etc. be burned down, distroyed, those that attend them need to
be killed - soley because they don't accept a way of belief?  Now, THAT is
something to be afraid of - not hated.