[Vision2020] Another Dubious 'History' Conference

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 22 06:56:48 PST 2005

>From today's (March 22, 2005) Spokesman Review Letters section, a very
special thanks and hear-felt appreciation to Tim Rigsby

Another dubious 'history' conference

Many citizens of the Palouse region are likely surprised to hear that Christ
Church has silently scheduled another "history" conference to take place on
the UI campus.

The Trinity Festival is in fact a conference on "history," but I am afraid
that this conference will again be a misrepresentation of historical facts.
Did Idaho not learn anything from last year's fiasco at the SUB?

How can Idaho allow this band of misinformed supporters overtake a
student-owned facility without the consent of the students? Last I checked
the Kibbie Dome has ASUI in front of its name, therefore making it a student
owned facility.

The bottom line has got to be the almighty dollar, which these days seems to
be holier than God on the UI campus.

Douglas Wilson and his colleagues have authored numerous books and have
spoken on numerous occasions on the dangers of government schools. They have
accused government schools of causing many societal problems. If they feel
so strongly about government schools, then why are they hosting a conference
on a government-funded campus?

As a student of UI, I object wholeheartedly to this event. Join me in
protest and let your voice be heard.

Tim Rigsby
Moscow, Idaho
Moscow, ID

Again, thank you very, very much for a well written letter, Tim.

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Just Another Pagan Intolerista Liberal Elitista Wacko Nutjob Loose in the
Palouse Doing What Comes Natural

Note to His Whineyness and Steven "Boss Hogg" Wilkins - If you want to meet
some friends at the Trinity Fest, I suggest that you bring them with you.

"What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they
are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say
about their cause, but what they say about their opponents."

-- Robert F. Kennedy