[Vision2020] Trinity

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Thu Mar 17 19:15:57 PST 2005

According to the Dean of Students office at UI, their mission includes the
following statements:

a) "Our purpose is to support the academic mission of the University and to enhance
the personal growth and civic responsibility of students."

If this is the case then the Dean of Students needs to object to this event because of
the lack of support for the academic mission of the University, and the idea that this
event will not support the personal growth OR civic responsibility of students,
except the students who protest I guess.

b) "We promote educational and leadership experiences which prepare students to
serve their communities and respect the dignity of all persons."

Again, the Dean of Students must object because this event does not promote
educational and leadership experiences.  This event definitely does not prepare
students to serve their community, and obviously does not respect the dignity of all persons.

"We believe..."
c)  "Students have the right . . . to be treated with equity, honesty, and respect in
all INTERACTIONS."  DOUG WILSON DOES NOT TREAT MINORITIES, WOMEN, OR PEOPLE WHO OBJECT TO HIM WITH RESPECT!

d)  "Students are valuable partners in decision-making activities concerning
issues that affect the quality of campus life."  OBVIOUSLY NOT SINCE THIS WAS SCHEDULED
WITHOUT THE CONSENT OR KNOWLEDGE OF THE STUDENTS!

e) "It is our duty to the people of Idaho to use resources responsibly." IS THIS
FESTIVAL USING UI'S RESOURCES WISELY?

Just a few thoughts from a students perspective.

Tim