[Vision2020] Wal-Mart Supercenter Opposition

Storla, Robbie calebsomeone at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 15:15:01 PST 2005

In Wal-Mart's case, again, the average employee makes $8.50 per hour,
or roughly $14,000 per year.

For a comprehensive explanation of the talking points and how they
relate (or don't) to reality, this Slate article helps:
<><><><>

Could we look at what other places are paying in this area?  even at 8.50 an hour that is well above what the sTate of idaho has set in place as a min. wage.  while i am not going to qoute what i make on this list, i can tell you that i make more money and am better off working for walmart than when i was working as a CNA for the state of idaho taking care of our elderly population, what is wrong with this picture?

I think Wal-Mart does a pretty good job at being competive with wages as to what the cost of living is, min wage for the state that they are in and what other people are paying, my opinion, if walmart was the lowest paying places for retail in this area, no one would be working for them......

Regards,

Robbie E. K. Storla

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.