[Vision2020] Budget problems in Washington State

Ed Jones edjones at moscowmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:57:52 PST 2005

You have shown your true colors, sir.

How dare you assign some rednecky label to me? You know nothing of me. I am merely a concerned individual, seeking answers, who assumed this was an open and tolerant forum.

And no one is threatening anyone with any aspect of their sexual orientation. Not on this list, and not at WSU. That is a fallacy that some are too eager to buy into.

On the contrary, we find ourselves forced to wear kid gloves when dealing with these important issues. Say one word...and your're labeled a bigot.

By virtue of your baseless attack on me, you reveal just how bigoted you are.

Now let me try one more time to explain my concern in terms you can understand.

1. The state is $2 billion in the hole.
2. Sexual orientation is a private matter. It really doesn't matter to me at all. Or should it matter to you.
3. Allocating funds for a special interest, that is not even of direct benefit to students, is a misuse of taxpayer funds.
4. The state has no business in the bedroom. On any level.

Now please reserve your vitriol for the truly defenseless. They make the easiest pickings.

If you are truly for equality and a color-blind society, we wouldn't be arguing, we would be in harmonious agreement.

Ed Jones
My box has a built-in sharpener