[Vision2020] Announcing The Six Penny Separate

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:23:27 PST 2005

Dear Visionaries:

I am pleased to announce the publication of The Six Penny Separate: A Journal of Public Opinion.  The Six Penny Separate is a kind of town crier, only its editor (me, myself, and I) hope that it will reflect the true diversity of the Palouse: diversity in the broadest possible sense of the word.  Sure, we want to hear from old, white, male college professors, but we also want to hear from women, from minorities, from members of the middle and working classes, from gays and straights, from Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Atheists, Agnostics, and Unitarians.  We want to hear from the disabled; we want to hear from liberals and conservatives and moderates and libertarians.  We want to hear from the wide and fascinating variety of people living on the Palouse.  But check it out for yourself.  The first two pieces are up, and they are by two very different but very fine writers, Ms. Keely Emerine Mix and Ms. DeEtt Roach.

http://www.auntie-establishment.com/sixd.html

And, before anyone thinks to ask, we might or might not publish submissions from members of Christ Church.  The Six Penny Separate is a Hate-Free Zone and a Safe Zone.  Tolerance of intolerance is not a virtue, but a vice, and the editor (you-know-who) reserves the right to accept or reject submissions for her own esoteric, bizarre and/or idiosyncratic reasons.  That said, the pastor and/or elders of Christ Church need not apply.  Why?  Because they have ample forums in which to express their views -- Credenda Agenda, the publications of Canon Press, New St. Andrews College, the upcoming Trinity Fest, the Friday Disputatios, and, of course, the Sabbath pulpit.

My website only costs me $11.95 a month, but I see no reason to use even one penny of that to subsidize my own exile or stoning.

Yours sincerely,

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.comGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com