[Vision2020] Nostra Damn It Wrong!

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:31:47 PST 2005

Dear Visionaries,

Thanks to the Latah County Commissioners' wise decision to adopt a six-month emergency ordinance "aimed at curbing certain land use practices within what is being called the Moscow Sub-basin Groundwater Management Overlay Zone" (LMT, 3/3/05), Nostra Damn It's second prognostication has gone down in flames -- for the time being, anyway.  So, I'm one for four -- one hit, one strike -- with only two balls to go.

Of course, that six months will pass swiftly, and we do want to ensure that this "emergency ordinance" morphs into something more permanent, something that will keep kaolin mining out of Latah County forever.  To that end, perhaps Nostra Damn It's work is not quite done.  Perhaps I should call on the spirit of my great-great grandmother, the gypsy witch, Motruna Augustyne, once again, but instead of calling upon her powers of prediction, I should attempt to access her powers of prevention.  (She was damned good at casting the evil eye, but I'm not willing to go that far.  Yet.)  Instead, I will ask Brother Carl to aid me this Sunday in an on-air cleansing of our local government.  Using the Catholic Church's 1952 Rites of Exorcism -- modified so as to be virtually unrecognizable -- we will cast out the demon of Boss Hogg forever!

So, tune in to 92.5 FM this Sunday from 5 to 7 pm and you will hear the Nostra Damn It Rites of Exorcism performed live.  Then, you can listen to The Auntie Establishment & Brother Carl Show, two hours of mysticism, blasphemy, comedy, cheap shots, and bizarre, esoteric, quirky-as-hell music.

(I would like to note that Brother Carl and I are the only KRFP DJs that have taken an oath never to play The Clash's "London Calling" on our show  It's not that we don't like The Clash; it's not that we don't like London Calling; it's just that this is the one sure way at KRFP to remain unique.)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.comGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com