[Vision2020] Physiological Reasons Humans Are Not PrimarilyMeatEaters

Fiat Lux fiat_lx at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 20:34:57 PST 2005

All,
Flax oil is a great thing!  My favorite is Barlean's
high lignan.  In my opinion, it IS essential.  Omega
oil intake in proper balance is good for the body in
so many ways.  Years ago my naturopath, Leo Bolles
(now retired), recommended Flax oil and it helped make
me well.  With regard to fish oils, there are
questions about  mercury contamination in some.   I
personally was put off of "fish oil" after I witnessed
the process by which salmon heads and other, leftover
parts are processed to obtain the oils.  Ick.  My
son's WISC-III score puts him in the 97th percentile
(Donovan will understand), but he absolutely refuses
to eat meat.  He does, however take flax oil.  I have
been very careful to ensure he gets adequate
nutrition.  He will eat dairy products, so that helps.
 But goodness, imagine what he might be if he'd only
eat a hamburger.  I guess he is an exception to the
notion that intelligence is directly proportional to
consumption of meat.

No question, proper nutrition for growing children is
essential if they are to achieve their full potential.
  It is very discouraging to think of all the kids in
the world who do not have adequate nutrition, in
whichever country, for whatever reason.  Kinda makes
that facial piercing discrimination complaint seem
petty by comparison, doesn't it?

Wishing we had a local, naturopathic M.D. like Leo
Bolles,
Fiat Lux