[Vision2020] Proposed zoning code revision (attached)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 30 20:52:05 PDT 2005

Arnold stated:

"Second, why not change the definition of educational institution to not
mention accreditation. The function and nature of an accredited college and
a non-accredited college are very similar in their impact on a zoning
district. If not, then we need a new definition of a college that is not
accredited."

Yes, ladies and gentlemen.  You read it here first.

Why require accreditation at all?  Real educators, such as those at New
Saint Andrews College, are no more interested in obtaining accreditation
than I am in learning why Inspector #12 was going through my pants before I
purchased them.  Accreditation?  We don't need no stinkin' accreditation.

We could develop a new college, locate it next to The Beach, require no
classes, and simply sell diplomas.  We could call it the "University of the
Palouse for Youth Organizations United to Reform Society", or simply UP
YOURS.

Thoughts?

Tom "who graduated from an accredited college" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

"What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they
are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say
about their cause, but what they say about their opponents."

-- Robert F. Kennedy