[Vision2020] Proposed zoning code revision (attached)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 19:58:09 PDT 2005

Kit,

Thank you for posting this. I think these changes are
wonderful, fair, and address all the problems facing
Moscow, except however, for two.

The Industrial Zoning Code does not permit use of an
educational institution. The University of Idaho has
buildings outside the U district that are educational
and industrial. In fact, one of their buildings is
currently in violation of the zoning code. I suggest
they amend it to solve this problem.

Second, why not change the definition of educational
institution to not mention accreditation. The function
and nature of an accredited college and a
non-accredited college are very similar in their
impact on a zoning district. If not, then we need a
new definition of a college that is not accredited.

Thanks again.

Donovan J Arnold