[Vision2020] Re: Correcting Debbie's Implications:Alcohol kills 6½ times more youth than all...

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Wed Jun 29 22:33:59 PDT 2005

Ted, let me point out one thing you apparently overlooked in your
hyper-alert reading of my post that was in response to your alcohol
statistic, the one with the same subject heading as the one above.

Here it is, I'll put the important bit of the sentence in all caps, ok?

> "I don't see how the statistics that say 'alcohol kills 6.5 times
> more youth than all other illicit drugs' provides much support
> for legalizing marijuana for non-medical use (if that is what
> your previous post was getting at)." ***(IF THAT IS WHAT YOUR PREVIOUS
POST WAS GETTING AT)*****

See that bit right there? The IF THAT IS WHAT YOUR PREVIOUS POST WAS
GETTING AT bit? That means I wasn't sure WHAT you were getting at. That's
where you could have calmly said 'oh, no, that's not what my previous post
was getting at, my previous post merely pointed out that blah blah blah'
instead of going into emotional vampire mode and demanding an apology.

And I honestly don't get this:

> Debbie does not quote the post she references, nor does she mention the
> subject heading, but as best as I can determine, she is referencing the post
> forwarded below at the bottom subject headed "Medicinal Cannabis & Prescription
> Drugs."

??????????
Whuh??
I was referencing your posting with the same subject heading about alcohol
kills 6.5 times more...

Honestly, Ted, it seems you have issues with stuff I post and
immediately read all sorts of nefarious motives into it that I haven't
even considered and are completely untrue.

Let me sum:

1. alcohol abuse exists
2. alcohol abuse in teens exists
3. adults buy alcohol for and sell alcohol to teens
4. teens steal alcohol
5. alcohol abuse in teens increases their mortality rate for various
reasons
6. penalties for number 3 aren't very high
7. penalties for number 3 should be higher (in both of our opinions)
8. mixed messages about alcohol abuse as compared to drug abuse provide a
confusing social atmosphere for teens

now what?

Debbie