[Vision2020] "Conditional Use" or "Special Privilege"

Kit Craine kcraine at moscow.com
Tue Jun 28 14:19:02 PDT 2005

Three thoughts:

1) How often are CUPs rejected in Moscow? How often are they actually
enforced? Isn’t this just another way to grant a permanent use that
will have the same effect as one by-right—which is not currently
allowed?

2) Once we start down this road, will CUPs be used to excuse all the
illegal duplexes, businesses (e.g. tow trucks, construction, plumbers)
in residential zones, etc.?

3) Wouldn’t it be better to enforce the existing codes rather than
changing them every time the City gets caught?

Kit Craine