[Vision2020] "Conditional Use" or "Special Privilege"

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jun 28 11:57:25 PDT 2005

Greetings Visionaires -

Rules and laws are established to level the playing field for everybody.

I seriously do not believe that granting a "Conditional Use" permit to New
Saint Andrews College serves the best interest of the city of Moscow.  It
simply establishes a bad precedent.  If the "Conditional Use" permit were
granted to NSA, what would prevent more and more schools from expanding onto
Main Street and chasing away tax-paying retail outlets.

Saying "We will issue this permit to NSA, but just this once," doesn't cut
muster.  Next year, there will likely be more schools opening within the
central business district, boosting the ever-increasing property tax burden
of honest retail outlets.

Please, Moscow, show us the backbone we know you have.  Draw a line in the
sand and ENFORCE IT.

Until then . . .

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen, who is thinking of starting a Church of St. Budweiser on Main
Street and teaching classes concerning responsible drinking habits.  All of
this to be tax-exempt and smack in the middle of town, because . . . after
all . . . you let NSA do it.

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a
garage makes you a mechanic."