[Vision2020] More on the Virtues Project

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Jun 28 12:00:26 PDT 2005

Nick

I support your project, not sure about funding. You do a better job making the case than I do. For the most part I like  Bill Bennett's Book of Virtues. However I am disenchanted with his organization in reguard to Charter Schools. In Southern Idaho his organization receives support from  school districts, but do not want to give a financial accounting. In order to keep people they don't like from attending meetings, they change the location at the last minute. The change is posted on bulletin boards in locked building. I am not opposed to Charter Schools per se, they can be a good thing. Just be open and above board. Their actions do not mesh with the Book of Virtues. Bill Bennett should distance himself from this behavior.

Roger