[Vision2020] $17, 160 = $3, 000 according to Lund's math (Kibbie Dome rental)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 19:45:51 PDT 2005

Visioneers,

Saundra Lund made false accusations against members of
our community. Hoping to uncover a conspiracy only
taking place in her head;

First, Saundra stated it will cost CCers only $3000 to
rent the facility:

“According to the contract, the Christ Church Trinity
Festival is paying a mere $3000 to rent the Kibbie
Dome for four days (8 AM  8/7 to 8 PM 8/10/05), which
amounts to only $750 per day.”

(http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-March/015104.html)

Second, she then claimed it will cost CCers only
$6,300 to rent the facility:

“That $6300 rents you the Dome for four days (from 8
AM on 8/7 to 8 PM on 8/10) and includes "all lights,
access to restrooms, electricity for lights and power,
public address system and water."

(http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-March/015168.html)

Third, when Nate Wilson, planner of the event, emails
to say that the entire event will cost more than
$6,000 and many times that:

 “Seriously, our actual costs are much higher than six
thousand. In fact, as a little hint, the amount we pay
at the end of our Festival will most likely be a
multiple of the figure Saundra mentioned.”

(http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-March/015168.html)

Saundra responded to Nate Wilson, in a childish fit of
rage, accusing him of, among other things, lying:

“Seriously, I find your hubris offensive.  I think
ideas such as truth and honesty are much more valuable
and helpful than all this smoke you're trying to blow,
Nate.  In fact, as a Christian, I'm very saddened that
you think it perfectly acceptable to be dishonest, as
your post below shows.  The ends justify the means,
huh, Nate, even if it means continuing to deceive our
community.”

Who is blowing the smoke and lying here? Think of Nate
Wilson as you want. However, he did not lie in his
email. He stated that the event would cost many more
times the amount quoted ($6000). Mr. Hansen’s (I know
not usually a reliable source) website shows what
CCers will be paying $17,160 just for the use of the
Kibbie Dome, much more than $6,000 as Nate Wilson
stated.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/tf2k5/financial_estimate_052604.htm

Saundra Lund originally said that it would cost $3000
CCers to rent the facility. It is not. It is costing
them about $17,106. She owes CCers, and especially
Nate Wilson an apology. It is the Christian thing to
do, as you claim to be, Ms. Lund.

I hope this brings an end to the “accuse now and hope
we can find some evidence later on to back it up”
mentality. But I will not hold my breath.

Donovan J Arnold

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-March/015108.html

http://www.tomandrodna.com/TF2K5/Documents/Contract%20110304.pdf