[Vision2020] What in the world?

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 20 17:23:30 PST 2005

Hi Donovan,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

You wrote:
 "I do not think that $6,300 for four days use of the Kibbie Dome, including
all fees, food, and insurance, would be covered or even result in breaking
even for the University.  So I think your numbers are incorrect."

So sorry, but my figures *are* correct according to the signed contract:

"Facility Rental:		$3000
Set-up/Load-In:		$1500
Breakdown:		$1000
Maintenance/Custodian	$ 800
___________________________
TOTAL			$6300"

Food, of course, is *not* included in that price -- the conference attendees
are responsible for that expense, a decision made by which is typical of
larger conferences, unless it's built into the registration fee (which, in
this case, would be set and collected by the permittee).  In looking at the
Trinity Festival's web site, you'll see meals are *not* included .  However,
the contract does provide for the following:
"5.  FOOD SERVICE:

The University offers meals in the Wallace Food Court:  as described below
at the indicated cost for all participants staying at the LLC.  Event
participants who are not staying on campus may also take advantage of a
complete or partial meal package at a discounted rate from the cash prices
as outlined below . . .
Catered Events:
University Dining Services will open a concession stand on the east
concourse of the Kibbie Dome for Event participants during the event.
Estimated expenses . . . shall be provided to Permittee no later than March
2006."  [sic]

Nor is insurance included -- the State of ID & the Regents of the University
of Idaho require liability insurance be provided by the permittee for
"private events/conferences/camps held on campus."

So, I ask the question (again):  how/why has the cost of renting the Kibbie
Dome apparently decreased so much in the past five years?

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke