[Vision2020] Hansen Dodges Question

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 04:41:41 PDT 2005

Mr. Hansen,

Why do you dodge the question: Do you believe that the
US Constitution protects Mr. Wilson's right to
practice his religion?

You proclaim, "Doug Wilson not only wants his cake and
eat it, too.  He wants to own the whole dang bakery."

Is that illegal Mr. Hansen? I though in this country
you can not just have the cake, eat the cake, but can
also buy the bakery and the chain of bakery stores if
you wanted to, and had the money to do so, and a
willing seller?

I also thought you had the right as a free citizen to
buy as much or as little of that cake as you wish.
Apparently, you do not like the cake so you want to
shut the bakery down and stop the baking rather then
just not eating it yourself.

"Allowing a church to hold religious services within a
state tax supported facility, such as the ASUI Kibbie
Activity Center, and then providing them a $7,160
discount at a time when many other UI departments are
told to tighten their belts, extends way beyond
reason."

First, provide some evidence that they are being
provided a discount. Forgive me if I do not take your
word or Husky/Lund either without something concrete
given your biased position.

Second, if all religions are to be treated the same
does this mean that Native Americans can no longer
practice their faith there anymore too?

Third, the University President's House, Student
Housing, Military Housing, and Gritman Memorial
Hospital are all government supported buildings. By
your reasoning they should also be denied the right to
practice their faith and service to their God?

Christ Church members are renting the Kibbie Dome. The
State cannot deny rent on the bases on a person or
persons faith, nor deny them the right to rent if they
DO practice their faith Mr. Hansen. A landlord cannot
say, "I will only let you rent this apartment if you
are Jewish and do not worship Christ". That is
ILLEGAL. Further, I would like to point out that the
Kibbie Dome is owned and operated by ASUI. The ASUI
Constitution prevents discrimination or denial of
services on the basis of religion.

Finally, you spout off, "It is not the "ship" of
Christ Church that upsets many of us."

Then why would you support Huskey and Lund's attempt
at targeting children and preventing them from
practicing their religion and communion with Christ?
That will not hurt Mr. Wilson unless he is emotionally
struck by the crying children as they are told they
cannot participate with everyone else in holy union
with Christ.

Donovan J Arnold

"When people are stupid, everyone has to pay"--Donovan
J Arnold

Get friggin' real, Arnold!

It is not the "ship" of Christ Church that upsets many
of us.  It is
the
person at the helm of that ship and his plans for that
ship that
disturbs us
extremely.  We would openly and warmly welcome him and
his ship to the
"harbor" of Moscow, provided his terms do not include
ownership of that
harbor.

We believe in a strong sense of community where one
hand washes the
other,
where our community is looked at as "us" and not "me".
 Doug Wilson not
only
wants his cake and eat it, too.  He wants to own the
whole dang bakery.

The US Constitution states the we should NOT recognize
one religion
above
any other.  The state of Idaho supports that as well.
Allowing a
church to
hold religious services within a state tax supported
facility, such as
the
ASUI Kibbie Activity Center, and then providing them a
$7,160 discount
at a
time when many other UI departments are told to
tighten their belts,
extends
way beyond reason.

And, since you claim to have worked with Tony Stewart
against the Aryan
Nations, you should be at the forefront in removing
any links between
Moscow, Idaho, and the League of the South or any
other neo-Confederate
movement.  But that is not likely to happen any time
soon, now is it?

Take care, Moscow.