[Vision2020] Gee dash dee

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 00:04:59 PDT 2005

Scott

G-d is not political correctness at work.  I realize that the Xtain concept
for taking the name of the Lord in vain seems to be acts of cursing, but G-d
had a real live name and it was not to be uttered.  It is a Jewish
convention to omit the vowells in even the other language aproximations of
the name and idea of G-d in written texts.  In Hebrew, its Yod Ha Vov Ha and
no vowells given ever.  It gets pronounced adonai, which is of course not
what it spells and means simply the Lord.  The conventions been around for
at least 2500 years that can be traced in actual period texts.  Thats not
exactly new fangled.

Its not about making a cut in a religion Scott.  There are a few thousand
years of law that are pretty clear.  Its not the same as with you Xtain
where you can have a vison and proclaim a new faith every couple of days.
This is about traditions which are laws and obligations which bind a Jew to
his community and the community to a compact with G-d.

So if as you suggest anybody can be what ever they say they are, You should
have no beef if Doug Wilson declares himself the Second Coming and should
place your hands over your ears and sing La La La I can not hear you?  I am
just check with you Scott, 'cause thats definitely not what I am hearing the
the posts on this list.

Phil Nisbet