[Vision2020] Answering Joan's screed

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 22:22:09 PDT 2005

Joan, you might wish to check your own personal rectum to locate that boot
of yours.  YOu seem to be in the habit of lodging it in there with your
remarks.

Joan, the minute you married a Quaker girl in a Christian church, you walked
away from any conversion process that you may think you had.

You see Joan, Jews are not Christians.  Conversion is not some bolt of
lightening on the road to Damascus that entitles you to a get out of hell
free card.  Conversion is agreement to enter into and follow the law.  It
gets you no benefit plan, no special seat at the table, no special Heavenly
greenstamps, just the obligation to live life as a Jew.  All the other
people of the world who are righteous are not obligated to follow the law,
but a Jew is.

A convert who stops practicing the religious obligations that they have and
starts to attend the church services and religious practices of some other
faith is no longer a Jew Joan.  Its does not condemn that person or any of
their practices or make them less of a righteous person, it simply means
that they are not Jewish.

I do not think that you will find any Rabbinical authority that will suggest
that you are following your obligations to lead a Jewish life, Joan.  And
you do not have to, Joan, to gain the acceptance of G-d.

I have never met Dale nor have I ever met Donavan and I doubt that we have
that much in common.  As for the hordes of your friends who just hate me, do
you perhaps think that this has me shaking in my boots?

What you do not catch, Joan, is that since I started to take you and your
compadres on, people are coming out of the woodwork, calling me, emailing
me, catching me on the street and saying, "Great Job, keep up the good
fight".  And its not the CCers who are saying that Joan, its the common man
here in Moscow, sick to death of the cliques that feel they own this town.

As for the JCP, its a good group, but going to shul in a Unitarian church is
uncomfortable.  I go up to Spokane when I can instead.  The JCP needs to
figure out what the best plan is, to increase education and identification
or to try to find a place of worship.  I have been lining up to make a large
bequest, but Myron needs to get the tax exempt status for that finished.
Maybe once he has that you can come harrass the JCP for serving MD to teens
at Pesach.

Phil Nisbet