[Vision2020] University to charge 2.5 percent fee to credit cardscharges

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 23:33:51 PDT 2005

It would make me more fiscally responsible with my
credit card since right now I receive 1 Alaska
Airlines mile for every $1 I purchase with my credit
card.  Further, each air mile collected has an
intrinsic value of 2 cents.  With a 2.5 cent surcharge
on every $1 of credit card purchase, charging
purchases to get the air miles is a losing
proposition.  Much better to buy air miles on the open
market at 2 cents a mile, pay cash for your regularly
charged purchases, and save that extra 1/2 cent.

Great comment Dan!  I just wanted to apply this to a
real world scenario.

-Scott

-- SNIP --