[Vision2020] University to charge 2.5 percent fee to credit cards charges

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 14:56:31 PDT 2005

J,

UI has lost undergraduate enrollment. The UI lost 200
undergraduate students. Increases in graduate student
enrollment have made up some of those lost
undergraduates. However, most graduate students live
off campus so they do not charge boarding and housing
costs on their credit cards at UI. The 2004, 2005, and
2006 enrollments are down for undergraduates. Who
cares if they were up 8 years ago or 80 years ago.
What matters is now and the future.

Second, I also never said that UI got the 10% charge.
My complaint is that students still have to pay the
cost, increases in the cost, interest on the cost, the
additional 2.5%, and the additional interest on the
2.5%. That makes college less affordable which means
less people can go to college.

Third, how are 18-year-old students that do not have
$50,000 in their piggy banks so suppose to afford
funding a four year degree?

The budget cuts have nothing to do with the lack of
students. Most colleges are facing cuts.

Finally, the University does have a responsibility to
keep college costs affordable. Everyone in the state
pays for the University so it should be open to
everyone capable of taking the courses not just the
rich.

Keeping up with my grammatically incorrect 15 posts a
day,

Donovan J Arnold