[Vision2020] University to charge 2.5 percent fee to credit cards charges

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:46:44 PDT 2005

The UI has GAINED students over the past 7/8 years and this will be the
first year that the Freshman class will actually be flat/to a very little
show of growth.  I am not sure where you get your figures of 200 less
students, but since I get my info from the UI itself, I tend to go with
that.  The lack of increase is seen to be the result of bad publicity,
budget cuts, etc.  I can't imagine that this summer's CC activities will do
the UI any good in regards to bad publicity.

Regarding 10%(+/-) interest - that is paid to the CREDIT CARD, and is not
paid to the UI.  When you charge on a card, the business is NOT who receives
the interest.  If you were trying to indicate that the student is just
adding to his budget crisis, perhaps they need to reconsider their "charge
now-pay later" attitude.  But it certainly is not the fault of the UI that
so many people are electing to go into such deep debt before they are even
25yrs old.

J  ;)