[Vision2020] RE: harmful books (with a PS of a different nature)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 17:38:42 PDT 2005

Ms Gray,

You sarcastically state, "I know that extra $1500 or
whatever it was this year . . . was my PRIME MOTIVATOR
in 'pumping out' 2 children."

Where EXACTLY in my argument did I say that tax
deductions, or shall we say tax credits, were the
cause of people deciding to have children? You are
creating a strawman argument, or a weak invented
argument I did not make and attacking it to illustrate
a point I do not contend.

Second, you write, "Nothing to do with lack of
education ..."

Good golly, Ms. Gray, you honestly believe people are
having a babies because they are uneducated and DO NOT
WHERE BABIES COME FROM? I am sorry, but people are not
that uneducated, even in this country(with maybe the
exception of some members of the MSD that think that
babies come from storks delivered to new single family
housing).

And where is birth control in this country
unavailable? Are condoms banned in Utah and Idaho?
Seriously, who does not have access to a condom or
self control? And please do not tell me people do not
know how to put on a condom.

"he needs a crop of healthy, intelligent younger
people to grow up and be his doctor, lawyer, teacher,
bus
driver, street, cleaner, police officer, bed pan
changer, farmer, etc etc then we can use some sort of
permit/application process."

Gee Debbie, I was unaware that depopulation of lawyers
or people in this country on on the Earth was such a
problem that we needed to continue to encourage people
to have children to the point others have to pay for
them. Where exactly do you suppose we put these 15
billion people we will have when I am in need of a
"bed pan changer"?

"let's make sure we round up any of the tax rebates
his parents got for him."

My parents, and both sets of grandparents paid more in
taxes than they ever got out of it. They were fiscally
responsible and did not spout out 8 kids they could
not afford. And koodos to every other responsible
parent for not bringing children into this world they
cannot afford.

You may believe Ms. Gray that people are ignorant
about where babies come from, or they lack access to
self control or a condom. But I do not. People have
access to condoms and if not, they can exercise self
control.

I believe in responsibility. I believe we have a
responsibility to the earth and society to limit the
number of children we have. Not holding people
responsible for their actions and decisions that have
negative consequences on everyone in society is not
the way to ensure the survival of a clean, healthy,
and safe environment for all of us.

Donovan J Arnold

Or any other thing I don't want to

--- Debbie Gray <dgray at uidaho.edu> wrote:

> Yep, I know that extra $1500 or whatever it was this
> year (geez,
> I can't even remember since it instantaneously went
> back into
> our economy and multiplied itself a few times) was
> my PRIME
> MOTIVATOR in 'pumping out' 2 children. And boy. If
> only i could
> *afford* to pump out a few more so I could CASH IN
> on that big
> bonus. Yeppers. I know that the birth rate HAS to
> GOT to be tied
> to tax deductions. I just KNOW IT. Nothing to do
> with lack of
> education on birth control, religious incentives for
> big
> families, ABORTION RESTRICTIONS (hey, anti-abortion
> types use
> that same argument... they don't want to pay to let
> someone NOT
> have a baby) tradition, personal choice, etc. etc. I
> say we line
> when
> Donovan decides everyone up for temporary
sterilization and