[Vision2020] Re: Children's Birth Loan?

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:43:27 PDT 2005

Pell Grants and Student Loans (state or federal) are NOT private - they are
tax payer's monies (monies that the WORKING class have contributed to a
STRANGER's education) that students receive through APPLYING for them...and
if the Idaho legislature listens to what has been happening in other states,
those "professional students" we have among us will not only begin to re-pay
those loans sooner, they will also have to start paying taxes on those
monies.

Loans that cost you nothing?  Are you for real!!?  The interest alone kills
many a people who make home loans, business loans, EDUCATIONAL loans, credit
card payments (a broad type of loan) etc.  It does not matter what kind of
loan you have, "private" or public, you still have to pay it back and with
interest.  Hence the meaning of LOAN...."1 a : money lent at interest b :
something lent usually for the borrower's temporary use; 2 a : the grant of
temporary use."

Loans to have children?  What kind of nuttyness is that!?  And who is being
paid to "pop out babies" and whose children are YOU personally paying for?
Tax payers pay from WAGES EARNED, taxed income comes from people who WORK.
Returning some of that earned tax monies to the parents who take on the
responsibility of continuing mankind's existance is not asking a whole
lot...especially considering the tax-exempt status that the privilaged few
feel they have a right to, no matter how they obtain that classification and
yet they continue to sponge off of the rest of in regards to the resources
they use/misuse.  The majority of families in Moscow are NOT 5 or greater in
children anyway.

Seems to me, also, that you are disparinging against a sector of the society
that you have in the past so strongly supported and defended - that being
the poor.  On top of everything else, you want to saddle them with a
"children's birth loan"?

Get real.