[Vision2020] Re: Children's Birth Loan?

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Thu Jun 2 17:15:35 PDT 2005

And hey, hey, Donovan.... another tax loophole for those
irresponsible student loan taker-outters (myself among them)...
student loan interest is now deductible! What kind of rash
behavior is that encouraging? I'm sure that as soon as that law
was phased in (brilliantly just as soon as I almost finished all
my loan payments) the surge in college attendance was
phenomenal!

<end sarcasm now. full stop.>

debbie

On 2 Jun 2005 at 16:43, J Ford wrote:

> Pell Grants and Student Loans (state or federal) are NOT private
> - they are tax payer's monies (monies that the WORKING class have
> contributed to a STRANGER's education) that students receive
> through APPLYING for them...and if the Idaho legislature
listens
> to what has been happening in other states, those
"professional
> students" we have among us will not only begin to re-pay those
> loans sooner, they will also have to start paying taxes on
those
> monies.
>
> Loans that cost you nothing?  Are you for real!!?  The
interest