[Vision2020] RE: harmful books (with a PS of a different nature)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 15:50:16 PDT 2005

Joan Opyr writes,

"It's in reference to Mr. Arnold's objections to
"raising" other peoples' kids, an argument I doubt
he'd extend to my tax-payer support of his student
loans.)"

Putting aside Joan's childish name callings and the
fact that my loans are from the private sector, she
apparently does not understand the difference between
loans, which have to be paid back with interest for
education, and giving away YOUR money that does not
have to be repaid for having babies.

I am all for free public education and community
support programs, roads, police, etc. But that is
entirely a different matter from continually having to
pay people to pop out babies they cannot afford and
pawn the costs off on to responsible taxpayers.

So yes, not only do I support loans, I think we should
extend them to parents that produce 5 children when
they can ill afford one or two in the first place.
Then, when their children are gone, start collecting
back on the loans so we can give the money to the next
set of irresponsible couples that decide to have a
pack of children.

If society does not hold the PARENTS responsible for
bringing children into this world they cannot afford
society will continue having more impoverished
children.

So loans yes, which cost you nothing, I favor those.
But giving away your money so irresponsible couples
can have children they cannot afford, no, that is
wrong, and the political system should not perpetuate
it.

Donovan J Arnold

--- "joanopyr at earthlink.net" <joanopyr at earthlink.net>