[Vision2020] RE: harmful books (with a PS of a different nature)

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 2 14:07:50 PDT 2005

Roger writes:

> Joan
>
> What I find the most objectionable to Ayn Rand is that she seems totally
lacking in compassion.

Agreed.  That's one of the many serious problems with her work.  Have you
read Atlas Shrugged?  Ugh.  It takes the Donovian position that the cream,
as it were, should rise to the top and bugger the rest of our
less-impressive humanity.  (I just invented the word Donovian.  Do you like
it?  It's in reference to Mr. Arnold's objections to "raising" other
peoples' kids, an argument I doubt he'd extend to my tax-payer support of
his student loans.)

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

PS: As a teacher, Julie Crumley plays a vital role in raising other
peoples' kids, and for that, I heartily salute her!  While I'm at it, I
want to thank Kristine Fitze, Pam Middlemas, Martha Zirker, Sue Bowe, Dr.
Laurie Austin, and everyone with whom my child has thus far come in contact
in the Moscow Public Schools.  They are consummate professionals and kind,
caring, and knowledgable people.  Thank heaven for all of them.  They have
my gratitude and my respect.  Not a Randian (or Donovian) among them!