[Vision2020] Not on the Palouse, Not Ever! (update # 58)

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jul 28 08:06:10 PDT 2005

I've stayed out of the "wine for underage communicants" argument until now,
but the comment below about 3-year-olds expressing their faith in the
salvation of the Lord by taking communion wine, and the life-changing effect
of others witnessing it, came pretty close to sending me on an early morning
trip to the pantry, looking for the cooking sherry.

Please.

I'm glad you're raising your children to love Jesus Christ.  I am, too.  But
is it barely possible that loving Jesus Christ and exhibiting faith in his
salvation is a bit more complicated than insisting on wine over juice,
demanding access to the Table for toddlers, and gleefully asserting your
right to bring out "the good stuff"  in the presence of your supposed
enemies?

Seems to me that perhaps your children will learn to love ritual, tradition,
ceremony and good wine long before they ever come to an understanding of
loving the One who demanded that while we must love our enemies, it's even
better if we don't set out to make them in the first place.

keely emerine mix