[Vision2020] Alcohol Permits and the Dome

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jul 28 05:54:46 PDT 2005

Lemeno "For I Haven't Got a Clue" Doug -

An alcohol permit IS required.  This has been discussed over and over again,
and substantiated by documents posted from the State Board of Education, The
Idaho state constitution, and policies established within the University of
Idaho.  I have posted them here myself.

The Idaho Code which you generously quoted:

"23-502. SACRAMENTAL WINE. A minister, priest, rabbi, or religious
organization shall have the privilege of purchasing wine for sacramental
purposes from the dispensary (the local liquor store or wine company) or
from any other source within or without the state."

Discusses, and entitles, " . . . minister(s), priest(s), rabbi(S), or
religious organization(s) . . . " to PURCHASE wine from any source within
the state.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with consuming alcohol on state-financed
(pronounced "paid for by tax payers") property.

Violating the law while hiding behind the cloak of religious freedom lacks
responsibility and maturity.  But then, we're talking about the "management"
of Anselm House, now aren't we?

Enough said.

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of
hope."

Robert F. Kennedy
(1925-1968, American Attorney General, Senator)