[Vision2020] RE: Response to Doug

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 23:21:16 PDT 2005

Doug  writes:

"I hope the Elders choose to use the good stuff for it will be very sweet to
celebrate
Eucharist at a table set in the presence of our enemies."

I find it very curious that you all, meaning you, as well as Dale, Christ
Church, Doug (Wilson), etc., continue to see others outside of your circle
of followers as enemies.

The word implies that we, those of us not in your circle, are out to do you
harm, wish you harm, condone harm being done to you, etc.  That simply is
not the case.

This community is asking that you, who have volunteered to live here, become
part of the community by paying your taxes, obeying laws and doing what
others in this community do - support the progress and growth of the
community, not just a specific aspect of the community.

Why do you refuse to be part of something you have willingly moved into or
willingly remain in?  If you don't like what we as a community are doing - I
hear South Carolina is recruiting people to move there.

I know you're going to say, "I don't want to be part of this lifestyle or
that one" - that is not what I am talking about.  I mean just what I said -
support your community by obeying the laws and stop trying to force the rest
of us to live by what you feel may be the right way.  Live your life quietly
and without trying to convert downtown Moscow or its residents to your way
of thinking.

Jesus never carried a stick nor tried to beat people into submission - why
do you want to?

J  ;)