[Vision2020] To Rose Husky

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 22:31:52 PDT 2005

On Jul 25, 2005, at 9:43 PM, Pat Kraut wrote:

> You see what a 'slippery slope' this persecution of a church is?? It
> just
> goes on and on!
> PK

Persecution?  Please.  By this definition, I persecuted my dog the
other day when I strongly objected to its peeing on my shoe.  (I
happened to be wearing the shoe at the time.  Naughty dog.)

If a church consistently flouts the law, consistently takes the king's
coin while deliberately and systematically ignoring the king's rules,
is it persecution to point this out?  Is it persecution to insist that
Christ Church and its leaders be held to the same rules and standards
as every other religious organization in Moscow?  Doug Wilson asks why
Rose Huskey and Saundra Lund aren't going after the Mormon Church or
the Methodists or the Catholics.  The answer is simple: the Mormons,
the Methodists, and the Catholics are not claiming property tax
exemptions on their office buildings and vanity press publishing
houses.  They walk the line; they don't try to hopscotch over it or dig
holes under it.

The only slippery slope in Moscow is the one Doug Wilson has spent the
past 15 years paving with banana peels.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com