[Vision2020] Re: Co-op pays some taxes

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:15:05 PDT 2005

Bill

I started to write a zippy reply that would continue the basic false premise
here, that these particular arguements are more important than first causes.

If the CCer's closed down NSA, set up a CC Bookstore in its location, paid
all their taxes and equiped it with a parking garage, you would find
something else to insist was the root of all evil in civil government with
respect to them.

So trying to turn the debate, as I have tried to do, into a discussion of
zoning and economic development, some sort of actual future for this
community that does no involve the latest political assault phase, is a
train wreck from day one.

Neither NSA or the Co-op are going to provide taxes sufficient to have a
city government.  All the focus on who should or should not be allowed in
downtown is a waste of valued time and energy and nothing more than two
groups waging political battle.  And as you two confilicting groups wage war
over the infrastucture, the ship of Moscow's state is heading rudderless
into the shoals.

So is the dog fight more important than basic economic development?  Do you
seriously think that the closing down of NSA and Logos and the rest will
result in a utopian nirvana established right here in the Palouse?  Wages
will instantly jump and businesses will flourish if Doug Wilson is finally
gone from town?

Phil Nisbet