[Vision2020] Re: Co-op pays taxes

Bill London london at moscow.com
Thu Jul 7 13:34:09 PDT 2005

P-
I have no idea why you seem to be so confused by this issue.
Here is my summary:
Why Co-op belongs downtown:
1. pays all taxes, including property tax through rent to landowner
2. is a retail business, and an anchor store to downtown (2002 Latah
Economic Dev. Council research showed that the Co-op was the #1 destination
for shoppers downtown year-round)
3.Co-op provides off-street parking for staff and customers
Why NSA does not belong downtown:
1. does not pay property tax (at least, did not until Saundra Lund and Rose
Huskey unmasked their illegal tax plan)
2. is not a retail business
3. uses public parking places that results in downtown customers shopping
elsewhere.
BL