[Vision2020] NSA Will Grow & Moscow Will Prosper

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 14:21:07 PDT 2005

--- Saundra Lund> wrote:

"I am breaking my own "rule" to *not* respond to posts
by those not willing to sign their names to what they
post."

Don't you do that every time you respond to J Ford?

Donovan J Arnold
------------------

> Visionaries:
>
> I am breaking my own "rule" to *not* respond to
> posts by those not willing
> to sign their names to what they post.
>
> However, in the interest of accurate information, I
> feel the need to correct
> what I understand to be a misstatement by New man
> who wrote, in part:
> "It is important to note that NSA'NSA'sure growth is
> not merely
> hypothetical. It is a coming reality. NSA NSA
> expanded from 4 students when
> it was first founded to over 140 students in the
> last year. Now, when NSA
NSAgets accreditation (which will occur most likely in
> the next year or two),
> that expansion will be uninhibited in a new way."
>
> The following information comes from NSA'NSA's site:
> "The College is small by design so that students may
> enjoy the close
> personal attention of the senior scholars and
> experience Christian community
> in tangible ways. The College limits each entering
> class to fewer than 50
> new full-time students. New Saint Andrews employs a
> small-group tutorial
> system centered on discussions of readings of the
> great literature of
> Western civilization. The College is also small
> because its founders and
> Board of Trustees believe that quality, integrity,
> and faithfulness are
> better preserved by maintaining close personal
> familiarity and
> accountability between the church, faculty,
> students, and community, and by
> rejecting the secular models of growth and
giangiantismthat have stumbled and
> undermined many formerly Christian colleges."
> httphttpww.www.nsa/eduissions/faq.faqlhtml
> Maybe I'm being incredibly naive, but my
> understanding is that NSA NSAs NOT
> anticipate growing any larger than 200 students and
> Dr. Atwood thinks that
> with attrition, the number will probably be less (I
> believe he mentioned
> around 140-150 or so students).
>
> Because I could be mistaken in my understanding, I'm
> copying Dr. Atwood in
> the hope he can provide accurate information.
>
> As most V2020 participants/posters know, I'm
> *certainly* no apologist for
> NSA,NSAd I'm apparently one of the mysterious Nasty
> Nine.  And, if anyone
> has missed it, I'm one of the participants
> challenging NSA'NSA'sperty tax
> exemption last year & this year.  I think it's safe
> to say that I'm probably
> not on the NSA'NSA'sster list <g>.
>
> However, New man presents information which
> contradicts my understanding.
> Whatever objections the community or parts of the
> community have to NSA
NSAbeing located in the CB zoning district (and I do
> think there are *valid*
> concerns), I believe those objections should be
> based on *factual*
> information.  If the info New man presents is
> correct, that's something we
> need to be aware of, but if isn't not correct, I
> don't agree with what seems
> to me to be a scare tactic.
>
> New man, you seem to indicate that you are a member
> of Christ Church -- are
> you telling us that the information on NSA'NSA's
> site is inaccurate and that
> different information is going around amongst the
> "in" circle?  Can you
> provide any source for your information?
>

> Saundra LundLundMoscow, ID
>
> The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is
> for good people to do
> nothing.
> Edmund Burke
>
> ***** Original material contained herein is
> Copyright 2005, Saundra LundLund Do not copy,
forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside