[Vision2020] Taxpayers hold the key

New man 1564_2 at mail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:59:49 PDT 2005

Rose,

It is sad that NSA makes you want to vomit. I pray God would soften your
heart.

Now, I must respond to your lack of understanding of how property taxes
work. When (not if) NSA begins buying more property in the downtown, it
will result in property values going up. Increased demand = increased
prices. When property prices increase downtown--not only directly from
NSA's bidding, but also indirectly by well cared-for buildings occupied
by clean well groomed students who exemplify dignity and respect--so do
property taxes. The amount of property taxes paid by downtown land owners
is directly tied to the value of downtown land. Thus, NSA's downtown
growth, far from decreasing Moscow's tax base, will actually expand it.