[Vision2020] setting the record "straight"

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 15:52:14 PDT 2005

Well Debi,

First, if you are the only person listed as the
contact for a church, and your home phone number is
also for a church, you are a representative for that
church, regardless of your official title. Your
bowling score does not reflect poorly on your church,
because it is not related. But your ethical and moral
conduct, at least in public, does reflect on the
church, because that is what a church is suppose to do
and it is expected of the person you talk to about the
church will behave appropriately and ethically.

Second, do not flatter yourself by thinking you are
clever for being able to make personal attacks on
people, especially disabled ones. How much effort do
you think would be needed into coming up with personal
attacks on you? Trust me, it would not be hard for
anyone. People do not do it though because they have
something called "ethics" and "morals". It is a
feeling that says, "love thy neighbor", or "do not say
that, it is mean and cruel". I wish your was not
silent, especially when it can to the poor disabled
man you attacked.

"Still can't figure out why you care enough to be
doing all this "research""

I did not do "all this research" on you Debi. All I
did was type your name into the Google. One site came
up, and I saw you were the contact person for your
church. It took about 1 minute. I do not care to know
anything else about you. You apparently are trying to
do lots of research on me, and I say go for it. I do
not even have a speeding ticket.

"the Unitarians are not my religious organization."

Did I ever claim you were a member of UU. No, I did
not. However, you use the church building.

"Meeting at the U of I doesn't make me a professor."

A church is a private building and thus is endorsing
the behavior and mission of groups that use their
building. The University, which is a public building,
has to let members of the public use it and cannot
endorse or prevent any religious group from using it
facilities unless it is for illegal purposes. So your
comparison fails flat.

"But you really should watch that temper, Donny."

I have a temper? Wow, thanks for letting me know. I
have been called passionate, but never a temper. Most
people with tempers have some type of violent past or
something. I have gotten angry at times, like if
someone attacks my mom or sister or something, but who
does not?

"People have heart attacks when they get so
overwrought"

"Overwrought"? Oh, you mean "overweight". More fat
jokes. Maybe you and Mr. Hansen can get together and
come up with more. You know, Arnold was the name of
the pig on Green Acres, and my last name is Arnold, so
Mr. Hansen calls me Arnold instead of Mr. Arnold
because I am fat like a pig. Kind of mean to do that
to pigs. But go for, if making fun of people for being
overweight is a turn on, go for it, or in pigletese,
"Oink oink ooink", said Arnold.

"and don't listen to Tom Cruise."

When have I ever listened to Tom Cruise? I thought he
was an actor not a singer anyway.

"Pullman  Gay Mud Wrestling Club". Wow, Pullman has a
gay wresting club. We could probably make some money
off that if they use women too.

"I don't have any person, group, or organization to
which I "report"."

Well, then from what I have seen, I see little
distinction between you and what the Nasty Nine Club
is accusing Doug Wilson of doing.

But you know, there are clearly different standards
for the behavior of people on the far right than
people on the far, far, far, left. You clearly have
demonstrated this.

Keep up the ad hominem attacks. It not only helps the
reputation of your faith in which you represent as the
sole contact person and an elder, but it also enhances
the quality of debate and communication on Vision
2020.

Good Day,

Donovan J Arnold

Do you think it is hard to make personal attacks on
people. Do you want to know how easy it is.

http://www.pluralism.org/research/profiles/display.php?profile=73385