[Vision2020] In defense of Donavan

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:45:37 PDT 2005

Since that particular missive was addressed to me and I took it as the joke
it was, why is anybody steamed?

Donavan was bright enough to note, what some of you seem to have failed to,
that I am Jewish and not in any way shape or form a member of the Shrist
Church or a follower of Doug Wilson.  The same people seem to fail to
recognize that Sonavan Arnold is not a CCer, he is a Catholic.

What I thik Donavan, and for that matter myself, objects to is religious
discrimination.  Both Catholics and Jews have been targeted in this nation
of ours over the years and that tends to make us leary of any assault on
people solely because of their faith.  Hey, the same folks used to take it
as a matter of course that no Irish need apply because they were Catholic
and that nasty old Jews should not even be allowed in the USA.

So while I find Doug Wilson's creed to lack credability, I also find even
Donavan's Catholic faith to have just as little credability and the
Neo-Pagan routine of others to be loopy.  IN otherwords, there are very few
among the community who share my beliefs, but that does not stop me from
leaving such disagreements at the door in the name of Civility and Comity

And the posting I made about the Future of Moscow is a grand example of the
lack of Comity here.  Rather than suggest ways that we can all work together
to increase business and tax bases and protect our principle economic engine
here, the University of Idaho, any discussion instantly devolves into a mud
wrestling contest.  Mark Semans is right, this community is stuck in Teenage
mode and it will continue to lose able people like Mark, Chris Storhok and
many others until it gets its collective sh-t together.

Phil Nisbet