[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show for January 30, 2005

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 30 19:56:10 PST 2005

Greetings Visionaires -

If you were unable to tune in to the "Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl
Show" today, you missed out on a major treat.

Although it may have started out somewhat slow, centering on a discussion
concerning Auntie Establishment's (mis)adventures in Spokane on Saturday
night, it quickly go into gear as they blasted away at:

1)  Our two new trolls on the V2020 listserve (Faul Ottomaticks and
Stigmatta X)

2)  Ben Merkle and his article in Volume 16, Issue 2 of the Credenda Agenda,
"Arrows in the Hand of a Limp-Wristed Man"
(http://www.credenda.org/issues/16-2recipio.php)

3)  The religious right's attack on the cartoon series "Sponge Bob Square
Pants".

One item of interest that caught my attention was that Carl Westberg Jr. was
a DJ in the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco during the summer of
'69.

So, in closing I would like to state that although this group that I am
proud to call friends may be referred to as Intoleristas, liberal elitists,
and wackos (among a multitude of other labels) we have all come from a
rather diverse range of backgrounds and have experienced an even more
diverse range of cultures, more so than the dark corners of Moscow, Idaho
and the dark underbelly of Monroe, Louisiana.

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Just Doing What Comes Natural

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.