[Vision2020] Moscow Animal Ordinances

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 28 18:16:44 PST 2005

Hi Mark & Visionaries:

I'm *very* grateful for the comments so far and have some questions & comments
of my own I'll toss out as well in another post.

Mark, I wanted to let you know that I found out about the topic from V2020  :-)
Our City Clerk Stephanie Kalasz posted the agendas for the City Meetings last
Friday, and this topic was on the agenda for Monday's Administrative Committee.

I had hoped to be able to attend, but my back has been giving me fits this week,
so I missed it.  I anxiously awaited the paper Tuesday to try to find out more
information, but nothing was reported.

I thought I'd ask here, and I'm very pleased that we've managed to generate some
discussion  :-)  I have an interest in animal issues -- way back in the early
1980s, I got a couple of animal laws passed in Alameda County, California that
went on to be adopted by the State of California, and I was trained as a State
Humane Officer.

So, I have a long-standing interest in animals and the law, and I'm glad Kit
shared the history of when/why this has come about.  When I first read about
this last Friday, I was surprised that I'd not heard anything sooner given my
interest in legal issues surrounding animals.

I've not gone back and checked, but I strongly suspect Ms. Kalasz sent the
previous agendas to V2020 and I just missed them, darn it.

It seems to me we've got an excellent -- if long-overdue -- opportunity to make
Moscow a premier city with respect to animals and the law, and I hope we take
the opportunity to do so!  I strongly encourage those with an interest in this
issue to take the opportunity to voice your thoughts.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke